By Social_Butterfly (2 Hours ago) | 8 replies
Frequently asked questions
What is 'What Should I Wear.com.au?'
This is Australia's #1 style advice site and App! A community where you can get or give advice on fashion photos, showcase your own style and join the Q&A. Advice and information is shared by the community, professional stylists and bloggers online.
Whether you are:
- wondering about what to wear to uni or work
- in a change room, not sure about which dress to choose
- undecided about what to wear to a party
- thinking about how to find a specific item and want to ask the crowd
- or keen to show us your street style
This web-site and App are here to solve the wardrobe dilemma 'What should I wear?'
How does it work?
There are 3 sections, so you can get or give advice for anything you need:
- GET STYLED: Get advice by uploading a photo of your outfit and asking key questions about it. You can also scroll through others' photos and help solve their style dilemmas too!
- GET SHOWCASED: Show us your street style! No need to wait for The Sartorialist to take your picture. Post a photo of your outfit to inspire us and share your style secrets.
- GET ANSWERS: Join in the Q&A on any topic you like! Want to find certain items, ask for advice or share your fashion knowledge? Ask and answer questions here!
How is this site different to fashion blogs/forums/shopping sites?
This is the only dedicated fashion site in Australia where you can post photos of your outfit (either laid flat or with you in it!). So you can get inspiration from others, gain feedback, share ideas and showcase the best Australian style.
It is also the only site that has a matching smartphone APP (free from iTunes!) giving you style advice on the go!
How do the reputation badges work?
We have a fun reputation badge system to recognise and reward valued contributors. Badges are unlocked based on 'activity' (the number of photos and comments you post) and 'status' (online shopper, professional stylist, blogger etc). Badges begin with a ballet flat and graduate up to a high-heel , reflecting your activity on the site. The badges are displayed under your buddy icon and on your profile page. Send us an email if you are a professional stylist or blogger, so we can unlock your specific badge. Get started to be the first to unlock badges!
How do I sign up?
It's simple and free! You can join using your Facebook login. Or you can create a new username and password to get started. You can also download our App through the iTunes store.
What is 'My Profile'?
'My Profile' is a place to upload your buddy icon, manage your settings and share more details about your style. Others will be able to see your profile page when they click on your buddy icon. 'My Profile' also keeps a record of your photos and feedback you've gained. Fill in 'My Profile' to tell us more about you and your style by clicking on the link in the top navigation bar.
How do I know if someone has given feedback?
When you upload your question you can choose to get emails notifying you of feedback. So the minute an answer comes in it is sent to you!
Can I share information with friends on Facebook too?
Yes, the more input you get the better! You can choose to share your photos or 'like' others' photos to your Facebook page.
How do you manage negative comments?
Are there any rules about what I can post on the site?
- Upload photos of you solo (not in a group), so we can see the outfit fully.
- Show one outfit per photo(if you choose to photograph the clothing laid flat).
- Take good quality photos, that are not blurry, are well-lit, not photo-shopped excessively.
- Provide comments that are constructive and helpful.
- Contribute appropriate content, no nudity.
- Are over 15 years of age.
We hope that you love this site and App as much as we have enjoyed creating it (& using it ourselves!). We are excited to bring you lots of fun competitions, offers and prizes from our brand partners as our site grows. To build the site we ask your help in spreading the word to your friends and family! Meanwhile you can get all the style help you want now by uploading your photos and asking your questions!
We welcome your feedback and suggestions anytime. Feel free to email us at email@example.com