How to Wear Statement Necklaces
Thanks for giving and getting such great style advice at ‘What Should I Wear?’ this week.
Sevan, super stylish blogger of Seven Autumn Leaves, shares her secrets about how to wear statement necklaces:
Statement necklaces are exactly what the name suggests; they are necklaces that make a statement. With that in mind, it should definitely compliment your outfit as a whole and not grab all the attention itself! There are many simple ways to wear a statement necklace to liven up an everyday outfit or transform a casual tee. Best of all, statement necklaces can transform an outfit so easily. Simply stash a chunky or shiny statement necklace in your purse to instantly take your outfit from day to night!
Here are 5 ways to wear a statement necklace this season.
1. Add a pop of colour! Use a statement necklace to introduce colour to your outfit. A statement necklace will change the way your outfit looks entirely by bringing new colours or textures. Add neon, metallics, jewel tones, pastels....
2. Add to a collared blouse: Wearing statement necklaces under collared blouses can add a stylish touch to any outfit. This works particularly well when the necklace sits perfectly under the collar. Finish off the look with leather pants and ankle boots or a pencil skirt with heels.
3. Necklace collar: If you want to get the collared sophisticated look without wearing a collared blouse, you can simply wear a collared necklace! There are lots around and it all depends on your preference and taste.
4. High and low: A statement necklace works equally well on with outfits that have a high neck line or a low neckline. If you’re wearing a high neck dress or top (e.g., a turtle neck), a statement necklace will contrast well against the fabric. Or if you have a low neckline the statement necklace can become the focus.
5. Follow the lines: Statement necklaces work best when they follow the shape of the neckline. As a general rule, go for a round shaped necklace with a round neckline, while opt for a V shaped necklace with a V neckline. Of course every rule has its exceptions so just make sure it brings balance to your bodice.
Do you have outfits that would be transformed with a statement necklace? Have you found some great statement necklaces in the stores lately? Share your ideas with us here!
Or simply get on the App or site to share style ideas with our friendly community. Our professional style panel for July – Mona, Meaghan, Suzie and Rosie are here to help too!
Commentsno comments on this post
Leave a Comment
By mandy (12 Hours ago) | 3 replies